Monday, March 26, 2012

Gel polish nails at home

I did buy the start up items to do gel nails at home. The brand I have is called Red Carpet Manicure. I have some of their colors, I also have colors from ProGel. I like them both a lot.



I did my own gel polish with a wonderful fluorescent color from ProGel. It's called "Electric Pink". I got this one at Ulta for $14.50. I did use the other items from my Red Carpet Manicure brand and these two brands are very compatible. The nails are much more vibrant than any photo will show..

They are just beautiful!


Steps:
1. Shape and buff nails, I used a 240 grit to dull the texture of my nail plate, it holds the gels on very well without damaging my nails. I also buff off my cuticles, if I push back my cuticles they peel and hurt for many days after, so this sanding method works much better for me.
2. Clean nails with Purify, gets germs off so as not to trap them in the gel.
3. Top with Prep, dehydrates nail so no water is left from cleaning.
4. Paint on thin, thin layer of Structure(base coat), do not get on skin. If it gets on it, wipe with orangestick to clean up before curing. Cure base coat for 1 minute.
5. Paint a very thin layer of polish color, cure for 2 minutes. Repeat 1 or 2 times. Depending on the color, I use 2 or 3 coats of the color curing each coat.
6. Paint on a very thin layer of Brilliance (top coat) making sure it is perfectly applied, this will be the finished look of your nail. Cure this step 2 minutes.
7. Gently take a lint-free paper towel soaked with a bit of the Purify and rub per the surface of your newly top coated nails, this will remove a tacky layer on the nails and give high shine.

This procedure takes me about 45 minutes with 3 color coats.



I might try to photograph my next round as I go to show you the steps taken.. We'll see if I can remember to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment