Friday, March 30, 2012

NYX Butt Naked Eyes palette, looks

I scored a NYX Butt Naked Eyes palette on Hautelook for real cheap. link to Hautelook

Butt Naked Eyes Palette on NYX site

Here are a couple of eye looks made with the palette.


The one above is done with some browns and pinks with grey shimmer for eyeliner. I used the yellow neutral color to blend near brow bone, highlighted with matte pink mixed with white pearl. I used the Bare Minerals mascara on upper lashes only.


This one is mostly the taupe grey shades with the same colors used as liner. I drew in a black pencil all along top and bottom waterline. I have Tarte Lights Camera Lashes on upper and lower lashes.



The colors seem to blend well, the shimmer colors are much easier to work with. The matte colors tend to be sheerer and hard to blend. I used the matte brown on the brow to shade it a bit and fill in sparse areas. I also mixed the pearl white and matte pink for a highlight placed just under brow.

The palette does have face colors as well. Blushes galore and a bronzer and two highlighters. They are powdery but wear well.

I wore these looks all day without them fading. I used an eyeshadow base under the colors from Lime Crime and a makeup finishing spray from Urban Decay over the look to lock it in.

As you can see, these colors are very neutral, they just add a bit of something to your look without going all heavy handed. So, if you are looking for a good yet inexpensive face palette I'd suggest getting this. It's very beautiful and the look doesn't fade like other cheap makeup brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment