Monday, April 9, 2012

Urban Decay Eyeshadow

I just received an Urban Decay eyeshadow in the new formulation. This is my HG eyeshadow. The color, I have been wanting in a single for YEARS. It's called Mushroom.



It's the perfect melted lead color, a hint of brown thrown in. It's a deep gunmetal color but not as sharply grey. It's muted with a bit of brown.



Of course, the color won't translate very well on camera.



I think I should swatch the Mushroom shade along-side Gunmetal to show the difference. Both of these shades are Urban Decay brand colors..

Mushroom on the LEFT, Gunmetal on the RIGHT:


They both have the most beautiful grey sheen to them, almost like an oil spill.



If you have the Urban Decay Stray Dog eyeliner.. Mushroom is a perfect match. The colors are wonderful together. Here, let me swatch Stray Dog eyeliner next to Mushroom eyeshadow and Gunmetal eyeliner next to Gunmetal eyeshadow:

I did one pass of color to the left of each eyeshadow swatch, down below I ran the pencils over about 3 times to show depth. Gunmetal vs. Gunmetal.. They are not exact matches like Underground vs. Underground. Hmm.. Oh well. Anyway, as you can see, the Mushroom vs. Stray Dog are a wonderful match. These two are my absolute faves in the Urban Decay collection!

The new eyeshadows pop out of their containers to add to the new click n go palette type thing Urban Decay has just released. I prefer my mac magnetized palettes, I can fit more than 6, unlike the Urban Decay one. However, the deputing of the products is quite time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment