Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ulta M•A•C and Lush HAUL

My neighborhood Ulta just remodeled so they've now got a Benefit "area". You can go there and try all the products, get a foundation color match ( you get a free 10 day sample of your foundation just for getting a match done this week), get your brows and/or face waxed. Pretty cool. Anyway, I always love their lipstick formula so I picked up a new one from there today.

Benefit Lipstick, Lady's Choice

It's called Lady's Choice. It's a wonderful nude with a hint of peachy-ness. This one is one of their Full Finish lip colors. The formula is so smooth, soft and glidey on the lip, comfortable to wear all day. However, I do have to reapply a couple of times per day while working an 8 hr shift. It's non-drying but you do still need to put more on through the day, if not just for color fade. I used it right w=away so did not take pics.. Sorry.
-

I also went to the mall and shopped M•A•C and Lush inside Macy's. I really wanted the new lip color from M•A•C from the Shop Cook collection, also the Reel Sexy collection. Sadly, they did not have it. It was called Watch e Simmer, a beautiful pinky coral. I did find some wonderful items from the new stuff, and a lipstick from the permanent line.

First, I got the new Extra Dimension Eyeshadow ($20) in "Warm Thunder" A lovely long wear eye color. It's a medium grey shimmer, maybe with a glint of rainbow pearl. The consistency of this one is smooth, almost liquidy or damp feeling. It keeps the shimmer where you put it.


I also grabbed Lightscapade in the repromoted Mineralize Skinfinish ($29). It's a pretty pale beige, almost a regular translucent powder with loads of beautiful veining of teensy shimmers in it. Rainbow colors of tiny shimmer particles, looks much more natural than the usual robotic metal gleam of most MSFs.






I always have to buy a lipstick when at M•A•C. Since they did not have the one I came in for, I picked up one called Faux ($14.50). It's a satin finish so very natural feeling on the lip with full color. This one is called a muted mauvey pink. Light to medium shade. I'm pale so it's a nudey natural pink on me.


The photo does not show true, color is a bit darker than what you see.

That's it for my M•A•C haul, now on to the few things I picked up at the Lush counter. I went in for Ocean Salt ($34.95 for 8 oz, $19.99 for 4 oz.) which is a face and body scrub. It smells like a margarita, but what it does is so much more awesome than even the amazing scent! You can scrub your face everyday with it if you can handle it, I can do a couple of times a week. I get the softest smoothest baby skin from this great stuff





When you first get this stuff, stir it up to mix the blue and big salt chunks through it. If not, you'll get an extreme scrub your first time. There are big and small crystals of salt mixed into a softening base.

I also got a bunch of Bath Bombs, these are bath fizzers that color, scent and soften your bath water.

Big Blue ($6.35) Lavender, lemon, sea salt and seaweed. Haven't tried this kind yet.


Avobath ($6.25) Lemongrass, avocado, olive oil. Turns your water green.


The Rocketeer ($6.95) Sweet candy scent, blue w/yellow streamers through water, as it fizzes it scoots around the tub! It's cute, too.


I also picked up some solid lotion called a Massage Bar in Strawberry Feels Forever ($9.95) Strawberries and cream scent. This product melts in your hand, I rub the bar on my arms and let it melt there, or I will melt it in my hands then rub in for a lighter coat. It locks in moisture very well.


I did pick up some more Toothy Tabs in Ultra Blast, mint ($3.95) They are little pills you crush in your mouth to brush your teeth. They taste kind of bitter or salty but clean your teeth so well. Nothing better.


I got one more soap to try, it's just a hand and body bar called Miranda. You buy these by the size of the chunk. Mine was about ¼ of a lb. ($9.17) Kiwi, bergamot, orange, ylang ylang, juniper berry. It smells like fresh clean skin, and it's got a stained glass look to the surface.. Pretty!


I did cut this one down the center so I wouldn't have one big square in the shower. Easy to cut with smooth knife. You can see the stained glass effect on the top in this picture.

Well, that's it for this haul, I'll post reviews for products I really love or really hate.. We'll see. Any questions or comments? Post below! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment